While there’s some real skiing out west, in the east we’re still dealing with pavement. Whether you’re looking to go straight uphill or work high-speed techniques on flatter terrain, there’s something for everyone all over the northeast in the next few weeks.
- 10/30 2011: Eyes For the Pies, Pineland Farms, New Gloucester ME. Five or 10 k freestyle.
- 10/30/2011: Kearsarge Time Trial. 3.4 miles, Rollins State Park, Warner NH.
- 11/6/2011: Peru Nordic‘s Sufferfest. Prospect Mountain near Lake George, NY. 11 AM start. If you missed the Climb to the Castle, this one’s for you.
- 11/6/2011: 23d Annual CSU Fall Classic. 7.5 or 15 k classic technique. North Andover MA.
- 11/20/2011: Kingston NY roller races, organized by Kingston Nordic cross-country coach Greg Malia. Five k classic and 10 k freestyle on a flat and fast loop. Sign up for one or both. There’s also a short event for beginners.